Please CLICK HERE to see a full list of our cleaning services
Read what our customers say HERE
We cover all areas in Northumberland, Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland, Scottish Borders, County Durham, Teesside & Cumbria.
Sophie’s Cleaning Tips
Start creating your cleaning solution by getting yourself an empty spray bottle. Pour in one cup of water and one cup of white vinegar, before shaking rigorously in order to blend the two. Add a small tablespoon of cornstarch to the concoction to the give it that extra punch, before shaking up the solution again. Once your formula is made, spray it broadly across the window before wiping it down with either a linen free cloth or an old newspaper. Collectively, this should give your window an enviable streak free finish.
If you find yourself battling with a particularly stubborn stain, try altering the vinegar to water ratio to make the solution stronger. You can also try applying undiluted vinegar straight to the affected area, but be sure to rinse it off immediately after to prevent any acidic damage.
Hints and Tips
– Wear rubber gloves when creating the solution; also wear rubber gloves if you use newspaper to wipe down the window.
– Don?t add cornstarch to the solution if you are cleaning your window on a hot day, as the mixture may prematurely dry out and cause streaks.
– Vinegar is a highly acidic substance and should be handled sensibly; don?t take its effects lightly.
– Don?t use a vinegar based cleaner near stone or marble surfaces, as any damaged caused such can easily become permanent.
– If a stone or marble surface is based underneath the window, make sure it is fully covered before using the solution.