Please CLICK HERE to see a full list of our cleaning services
Read what our customers say HERE
We cover all areas in Northumberland, Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland, Scottish Borders, County Durham, Teesside & Cumbria.
Sophie’s Cleaning Tips
Looking After Your Sofa Doesn’t Have to Be Hard Work: 5 Smashing Tips
Your sofa is one of the parts of your home that gets used the most. Whether you live alone or have kids and pets clambering over it, the sofa is a prime place for everyday dust, hair and grime to accumulate. Sofas can also be one of the toughest things to clean. If you want to keep your sofa in great condition and odour free, here are some tips:
1. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning the upholstery. You can find these on the labels. Some sofa upholstery can be hand or machine washed, whereas others can only be dry cleaned. Make sure you know what style of cleaning is suitable for your sofa covers when you do want to do a full clean.
2. Use your hoover to pick up dust and hair from your sofa. Running the hoover over the cushions when you are vacuuming the floors takes seconds, and can stop dirt getting ground in to the fabric or dust and crumbs building up between cushions.
3. If you have a leather sofa, sponge it down regularly with a mild detergent and some water. Leather can be easier to clean than other sofa coverings, but it does still need some care and attention. A damp cloth will lift off most surface dirt and dust, leaving your sofa looking great.
4. Consider putting a machine washable throw over your sofa when you have a party or when your pets go on the sofa. It is much easier to give this a quick wash than to have to keep your sofa upholstery clean.
5. Clean up any spills immediately. Most things won’t leave a permanent stain if you attack them before they have a chance to fully absorb into the sofa’s fabric. Gentle solvents are often the best thing to use, though traditional remedies like vinegar, white wine and baking soda can also work wonders on stains when treated right away.
Looking after your sofa need not be hard work. Simply remove dirt on a regular basis with a hoover or sponge, treat stains straight away, and use an appropriate deep cleaning method when required!